OTHER FACTS ABOUT VOTING
- For identification to vote, you may present either your voter
registration certificate, a valid
South Carolina driver's license, or a South Carolina
Department of Motor Vehicles issued
photo I.D. card. If your registration card is ever lost or
stolen, you may obtain a
duplicate, even on election day, from your county voter
- Husbands and wives cannot vote together in the same voting
- Primary elections, conducted by the county election
commissions, are held to determine
who will be that party's nominee.
- Polls open at 7:00 am and remain open until 7:00 pm.
- You may obtain the names of your elected officials and
polling place by contacting your
county voter registration office.
- A person who does not live within the municipality, but who
owns property within the
municipality, would not be considered a resident for the
purpose of voting in a municipal
- A person who was not qualified to vote in the first election
for failure to register 30 days
prior to an election is not qualified to vote in that
election's subsequent run-off.