The Division of the State Chief Information Officer (CIO) is pleased to announce the implementation of Microsoft's new Home Use Program (HUP) which offers qualified CIO employees the ability to obtain many of the Microsoft Office desktop applications for their home use at a fraction of the retail cost.
Through this unique program, CIO employees in FTEs, Time-Limited and Temporary Payroll positions may purchase a licensed copy of select Microsoft Office desktop programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access, for a fulfillment fee of approximately $20. Both MS Office and Office Mac versions are offered.
Full details of the Home Use Program, as well as ordering instructions, can be found in a letter to CIO employees dated July 6, 2007, in which State CIO Dr. Jim Bryant announced the following:
Participation in this program is simple. To order your copy for home use, please visit the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site and follow the directions provided below:
- Select the country to which you wish your order to be shipped.
- Choose the language for viewing the Web site.
- Enter your CIO e-mail address.
- Insert the program code 68980F5343.
- Click "Sign In."
- An e-mail will be sent containing an order link.
- Access the order site.
- Select between MS Office and Office Mac versions.
- Place your order online and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen.
Should you have any questions regarding the Microsoft Home Use Program, please contact Stephanie Davis, via e-mail or phone, (803) 896-0408.