Is your home safe from WILDFIRE ?
The South Carolina Forestry Commission and your local fire department urge you to inspect your home and grounds for fire hazards.
Make sure that you have:
- Adequate access for firefighting equipment.
- Adequate local water supply.
- Driveway clearly marked with address.
- Crawl space enclosed.
- Vents screened.
- Eaves boxed.
- Spark arrestors on chimney.
- Roof clear of pine straw and leaves.
- Adequate outdoor faucets and water hose.
- Non-flammable roofing material.
- No branches overhanging house.
- No flammables stored under or against house.
- Foundation clear of volatile plants and mulch.
- Fuelbreaks on downslope side of steep lots.
- Adequate breaks in tree canopy near house.
- Brush cleared within 50 feet of house.
For technical assistance, contact the local office of the Forestry Commission or your Fire Department.