(Fire Departments Only)
The South Carolina Forestry Commission administers the Volunteer Fire Assistance (VFA) grants funded through the USDA Forest Service. The program offers 50/50 matching fund grants intended to increase firefighting capacity, especially of those fire departments serving communities in the wildland urban interface. Fire departments serving rural communities with a population of 10,000 or less are eligible for the Volunteer Fire Assistance grants.
The intent of the VFA/NFP grant is to help the Rural Volunteer Fire Departments meet the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) problem in South Carolina. Through financial assistance in purchasing wildland firefighting equipment and making necessary training available, rural volunteer fire departments can more effectively and safely assist the Forestry Commission in dealing with wildland fires that threaten the rural developments and communities they serve.
Priority will be given to those applying for the first time, those assisting with SCFC Firewise Communities, those purchasing communications equipment (especially radios), and those needing to purchase equipment to outfit their federal excess equipment loaned or provided by SCFC.
[NOTE: To Open These Forms You Will Need Adobe Acrobat Reader.]
- VFA Form 1: Grant Application
- VFA Form 2: Fire Department Information
- List of WUI Communities Protected
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- NIMS Agreement & NIMS Compliance
- Checklist for VFA Grants
- Items Eligible for VFA Grants
- Type 6 Engine (Brush Truck) - Suggested Requirements
- List of Vendors for Wildland Fire Equipment and Supplies
- Instructions and Time Sheet to Report Wildland Fire Training & Equipment Fabrication
- Fire Service Mutual Aid Frequencies
Some links on this page require Adobe Acrobat reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader you can get it free from Adobe Systems Inc. Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Copyright © 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.