S-190 Introduction To Wildland Fire Behavior
This course, developed by the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG), provides instruction in the primary factors affecting the start and spread of wildfire and recognition of potentially hazardous situations. Students must be affiliated with an NWCG member agency, a member of a valid fire department in S.C., or a State or local Government agency employee to be issued a final certificate.
- Material is broken into three online modules (1 to 3 hours each).
- The student must register before taking the course by completing a Course Registration Form and mailing it to
- The student will be notified by E-mail once the registration is received.
- The Training Director will assign the student to a class and assign a qualified South Carolina Forestry Commission (SCFC) instructor for the class.
- The students will have e-mail access to the instructor for any questions that may arise.
- The student will be told when the training will begin and when it must be completed.
- It is the student’s responsibility to provide the SCFC evidence that they have completed and passed the on-line portion of the training.
- The SCFC Training Director will maintain records on all personnel that have successfully completed the training.
South Carolina Forestry Commission
Attention: Training Director
P.O. Box 21707
Columbia, SC 29221
Course Registration Form (pdf)
Some links on this page require Adobe Acrobat reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader you can get it free from Adobe Systems Inc. Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Copyright © 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.