Management improvements on forest land can be implemented using one of the following options:
- A landowner that has considerable forestry experience and available time to commit to a project may be able to accomplish timber sales, reforestation projects, vegetation control, prescribed burning, etc independently.
- The SC Forestry Commission and other natural resource agencies have professionals that can assist landowners with project planning and implementation. Many of these services can be provided free of charge.
- Landowners can elect to use a private consultant to handle all aspects of the project for a fee.
- do not live in close proximity to their land
- own large amount of forest land
- have limited time, experience or interest in becoming personally involved in the project
- have very frequent timber sales or reforestation projects
should consider using a consultant. If you are unsure, check with the natural resource agencies first. They have experience in determining when a consultant is appropriate.
The SC Forestry Commission maintains a database of forestry consultants offering services to landowners in South Carolina. To be included in the database, consultants must employ a registered forester and must agree to abide by the Code of Ethics adopted by the Board of Registration for Foresters.
Below are links to a map showing the location of consulting forestry firms in South Carolina and a list of all such firms in the state. Once you have selected several firms you are interested in, please visit this page for information about selecting a consulting forester. If you are dissatisfied with services you receive from a consultant on this list, please contact the SC Forestry Commission.
List of Consultants (pdf)
Please enter your zip code below and select the number of results you wish to view.
Some links on this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have Acrobat Reader you can get it free from Adobe Systems Inc. Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Copyright © 2015 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.