S.C. Department of Mental Health Speakers Bureau
The SCDMH Speakers Bureau provides speakers on mental health issues to groups and organizations throughout the state. The purpose of the service is to raise awareness of mental health issues and enhance community education related to services and programs available through the SCDMH.
Speakers available through this Bureau represent a number of areas of professional expertise. Topics Include:
- Children's Mental Health Issues
- Client/Patient Advocacy and Rights
- Homelessness and Mental Illness
- Substance Abuse and Treatment
- The Art of Recovery Program
- The Telepsychiatry Program
- Disaster Preparedness and Mental Health
- Other topics may be available upon request.
Please note that, due to travel restrictions, all topics are not available in all areas of the state. SCDMH will, however, do its best to match a qualified speaker to your group's needs.
The Department takes pride in providing this service to the citizens of South Carolina. Civic clubs, community groups, schools, and other organizations are encouraged to contact the SCDMH Office of Public Affairs to schedule speakers.
For more information or to schedule a speaker, contact:
Tracy LaPointe, SCDMH Office of Public Affairs
Phone: (803) 898-8581
Please contact us with as much notice as possible so that we may better meet your needs.