PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN
SPEAKING OUT FOR MENTAL HEALTH
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health (SCDMH) has launched a statewide public relations speaking campaign to promote mental health awareness. This campaign has our trained mental health professionals speaking at selected locations around South Carolina, such as civic and service organizations, churches, chambers of commerce, and appearances on radio and television.
It is the intention of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health to:
- Educate the public about mental health issues and substance abuse issues.
- Discuss how the SCDMH is diligently working to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness.
- Educate the public about our agency by highlighting our strengths as well as where we need improvement.
- Demonstrate how taxpayers’ funds are used to help people recover and lead productive, meaningful lives.
- Emphasize that mental illness is a medical problem, that treatment works, and recovery is real.
If you have access to an organization that may invite us to make a presentation, please contact the SCDMH Office of Public Affairs at 803-898-8581.