John H. Magill
John H. Magill
South Carolina Department of Mental Health
- Began work at the South Carolina Department of Mental Health in the late 1960's.
- Served as Assistant Director of the Georgia Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, and in 1977; became the Georgia State Director for Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
- Founding Chief Executive Officer of Fenwick Hall Hospital, Johns Island, South Carolina, for its 17 years of operation.
- Served as Deputy Chair of Operations in the Department of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina; continues as Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of South Carolina Department of Neuropsychiatry since 2006.
- State Director of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health since September 1, 2006.
- Awarded the Order of the Palmetto, January 6, 2011.
- Awarded the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Dean's Distinguished Service Award, October 12, 2011.
- Awarded a Resolution from the Charleston County Bar for over 25 years of dedicated service to the continuing education of lawyers and judges in the Charleston community in February of 2012.
- Awarded a Resolution in April of 2012 from the Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine, honoring him for his service to the healthcare field and, specifically, to the Medical University throughout his career.