Richland County Adult ServicesMonday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Contact Information for program phone numbers and locations.
For after hours emergencies call 803-898-8888
- Adult services are provided in two general outpatient clinics: Adult Clinic Services (ACS) in downtown Columbia and the Lower Richland Clinic. These services include psychiatric medical assessments, nursing services, individual and group therapy, and case management.
- Intensive and specialty programs assist clients who need more frequent contact and special supports to live in the community. These include Impact, Connections, The Link, and Behavioral Therapy.
- Our three community based rehabilitation programs, Independence House, New Horizons, and Insights, provide comprehensive case management services, psychiatric medical assessments, and daily living, social, and interpersonal skills training. Insights serves young adults who are high users of inpatient care, emergency departments, and other crisis services.
- The Center’s community housing program on Carter Street provides decent, safe and affordable housing to our clients who need rehabilitation services and supervision to live in an apartment setting. Other residential services include Homeshare which places adults with severe, persistent mental illness in private homes of providers who are trained to support and promote living skills.
- Since 2006, with funding provided by Richland County, CAMHC has had staff on site at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center seven days per week. In addition, the Center provides the services in the Richland County Probate Court administered by Mental Health Court.
- The hospital liaison unit accepts referrals, assists in discharge planning, and completes intakes on new patients from hospitals, Just Care (Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity patients), and discharges from the SC Department of Corrections and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- The homeless outreach program engages and assesses adults with serious mental illness who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness through intensive street and shelter outreach.