South Carolina Department of Mental Health
Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center
May is Mental Health Month.
Check out our Upcoming Events!
Welcome! This website was designed to provide the citizens of Aiken & Barnwell county an opportunity to learn more about what we do and to be able to link with other resources that might be of benefit to them. Please, browse our website to learn more about our services.
The Center aspires to be the premier provider of behavioral health services supporting the recovery of persons with mental illness for residents of Aiken and Barnwell counties.
In order to best serve our clients and remain true to our employees, Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center embraces the following core values:
- Respect – “Respecting the rights and dignity of our clients”
- Recovery – “Creating an environment of recovery for our clients”
- Quality – “Commitment to quality with a commitment to excellence and superior outcomes”
- Public Awareness – “Dedication to improved public awareness and eliminating stigma”
- Teaching Tolerance – “Celebrating diversity”
- Value our Employees – “Employees are our single greatest asset”
A CARF Three-Year Accreditation was awarded to Aiken-Barnwell
for the following programs/services:
Outpatient Treatment for Adults, Children & Adolescents
Community Integration – Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services-Adults
Accredited through November 2015