Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center
May is Mental Health Month.
Check out our Upcoming Events!
Welcome! This website was designed to provide the citizens of Aiken & Barnwell county an opportunity to learn more about what we do and to be able to link with other resources that might be of benefit to them. Please, browse our website to learn more about our services.
Aiken Barnwell Mental Health Center (ABMHC) is a community mental health center providing behavioral health services to families, adults and children who are diagnosed with a mental illness. Intervention, prevention and recovery services may include: Assessment, Therapy, Care-Coordination, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, Peer Support & Community Collaboration. ABMHC serves the residents of Aiken and Barnwell counties, South Carolina, rural communities.
Persons needing services are encouraged to walk in Monday-Friday 9am-5:00pm for an assessment. We request that you be at the agency no later than 3pm daily in order that we may serve you that day.
Aiken Barnwell Mental Health Center (ABMHC) aspires to be the premier provider of behavioral services to support the recovery of families, adults and children living in Aiken and Barnwell counties.
In order to best serve our clients and remain true to our employees, Aiken Barnwell Mental Health Center embraces the following core values:
- Celebrating Diversity- "Respecting the rights, differences and dignity of others."
- Recovery- "Achieving a high quality, self-directed, satisfying life integrated in the community."
- Quality- "Commitment to Excellence."
- Public Awareness- "Dedicated to increasing the understanding of mental illness and eliminating stigma."
- Collaboration- "Partnering with clients and stakeholders to create healthy communities."
- Technology- "Embracing technology to improve efficiency and quality of care."