Information for Admissions
Please print and complete the applicable form below, and bring it to your first visit.
We thank you for choosing Aiken Barnwell Mental Health Center (ABMHC) to meet your mental healthcare needs. We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve you. For your convenience you may print out the required forms below to fill out ahead of time. Be sure to bring the completed forms with you.
As part of the intake process, you will meet with a Master Level Therapist for a clinical assessment to help determine the best way to meet your needs.
1) Persons needing services are able to walk-in Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm for a same day assessment. You will need to be at the agency no later than 3pm to allow sufficient time for the assessment. All potential clients are seen on a first come, first served basis. Waiting times will vary. If you are unable to walk-in, we are able to schedule you an appointment, typically within the same week of your request. If you have a scheduled intake assessment appointment, you will need to be at the office at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to complete our application for services. You will need to bring proof of identification, your insurance card or proof of income for fee reduction consideration and, if you recently were discharged from a hospital, jail, or substance abuse program, the discharge paperwork.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their legal guardian at the time of intake in order to receive services. You will need to bring the child’s and guardian’s identification, the child’s and guardian’s social security card, insurance card, and child’s immunization record.
When planning your schedule, please be prepared to be with us approximately 2 hours.
2) If you have private insurance, please contact your insurance company for a referral within your network prior to coming to ABMHC. If you choose to utilize ABMHC’s services in lieu of a provider in your network, full payment is expected for services provided.
3) Reduction in fee will be considered upon request for clients that do not have insurance. We must have proof of income to determine eligibility for fee reduction. Full fees will be assigned until such time as proof of income is provided and fee reduction is determined. We can accept the following as proof of income: Paycheck Stub, Food Stamp Approval Letter, W-2 form, Tax Return, Social Security Verification, and Court Documents for Child Support and/or Alimony.
4) We are not able to complete disability paperwork even if you are referred by an attorney; however, we are happy to refer you to the appropriate community resources that may be able to assist you.
5) Benzodiazepines (e.g. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan) will only be prescribed if the ABMHC Psychiatrist feels this is the most appropriate medication for you. The psychiatrist may require participation in additional treatments when prescribing benzodiazepines.
6) Our physicians participate in the on-line Prescription Monitoring Program known as SCRIPTS (South Carolina Reporting and Identification Prescription Tracking System). The system collects prescription data on ALL Schedule II, III and IV controlled substances dispensed in or into the state of South Carolina. A urine drug screen may be requested at the intake and as part of the treatment process.