1) Model best practice from counties with low referral rates.
2) Through the regional administrators establish local committees in
counties with high referrals rates to begin to address the issue.
3) Try to develop diversion options for SROs and Solicitors.
4) Establish restorative discipline practices in schools.
5) Use JRI homes rather than secure detention in disturbing school
6) In implementing step 2, above, RAs should attempt to identify an
advocate in the community (maybe minority faith-based leader, for
example), to call a meeting and bring people together (as opposed to
DJJ) calling the meeting.